Ongoing Tribal Council Commentary

Jury Duty

Re: Ongoing Tribal Council Commentary

Postby Kim J » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:05:09 pm

Brenda Lowe wrote:Although now I think of it, it's Penny & Kim who won their Seasons so what do I know.

Sorry to bring this up, but what's Carl doing as a mod? I haven't talked to him, and I wish he talked to us :(
Kim J

Postby Lex » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:52:15 pm

Todd dominated his season and he didn't win any individual immunity challenges, and Sandra has won twice while being awful at challenges (she didn't ein any in PI, don't know about HvV).

I don't necessarily think you have to play in between, you could give the impression you're playing in between while actually playing smart. Which brings me back to Gabe...
Lex

Postby Kim J » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:53:50 pm

Lex wrote:Todd dominated his season and he didn't win any individual immunity challenges, and Sandra has won twice while being awful at challenges (she didn't ein any in PI, don't know about HvV).

I don't necessarily think you have to play in between, you could give the impression you're playing in between while actually playing smart. Which brings me back to Gabe...

If you're comparing Gabe to Todd, theres a major difference your missing.

Todd had relations with nearly every juror. He had an amazing social game, as well as a strategic game.

I wouldn't compare Gabe to Todd, regardless of his strategic gameplay
Kim J

Postby Lex » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:07:58 pm

I didn't mean to compare them if it came across like that. Todd never played in between, he was always the leader.
Lex

Postby Kim J » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:30:33 pm

Oh no problem. I think I assumed because you said "brings me back to Gabe"
Kim J

Postby Brenda Lowe » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:33:36 pm

Kim J wrote:
Brenda Lowe wrote:Although now I think of it, it's Penny & Kim who won their Seasons so what do I know.

Sorry to bring this up, but what's Carl doing as a mod? I haven't talked to him, and I wish he talked to us :(

Carl is the longest term host apart from Probst himself. He hosted me when I played icon_surprised He's too busy IRL to get overly involved this Season, but you can thank him / curse him for behind the scenes stuff like the HII clues.
Brenda Lowe
Host

Postby Kim P » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:43:47 pm

Lex wrote:Todd dominated his season and he didn't win any individual immunity challenges, and Sandra has won twice while being awful at challenges (she didn't ein any in PI, don't know about HvV).

Are you a China fan too? It's my favorite season <33333
Kim P

Postby Holly Hoffman » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:39:47 am

Brenda Lowe wrote:You just gotta be shit hot at challenges like me, Mama Hoho & Mia.

And humble too. Humble helps.

Yeah, I left my computer, laughed at my tribe and still managed to be seen as a challenge beast after the first round... icon_whistling
Holly Hoffman
Host

Postby Lex » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:26:30 am

Kim P wrote:Are you a China fan too? It's my favorite season <33333

I love China! It's my favorite season for sure, but I haven't watched very many yet so that'd not saying much. I only somewhat recently got seriously interested in it and started watching the top-rated seasons on reddit chronologically. Still have some exciting seasons to get through! I talked to both Pat and Lindsey about that a lot.

By the way Pat I put Amazon on the backburner and decided to watch Tocantins >.> the first episode of Amazon was a bit boring and I'm also really biased because I say that J.T. is one of my favorite players only from reading his description on the Survivor wiki/what people say about him so I HAD to watch his season. In fact in a way I was trying to play similar to him but obviously it's neither the best strategy to do, and I didn't execute it properly. :(

Getting back to China though - awesome cast, very deserving winner and memorable events. I absolutely ADORED China's cast, there were so many players that I loved or loved to hate (not really hate as much as found amusing). Todd, Courtney, Jean-Robert, Jaime, Frosti, Erik... don't even get me started on Erik, he is the nicest human being alive. icon_wub I'm very happy for both Jaime and Erik but I'm also a bit envious for Jaime because Erik is such a fantastic guy, even though I myself am male LOL.

Courtney's quotes were super awesome. I especially liked her imitation of Todd when he talked to his sister. And also her complaining about literally everything, especially JR. She said something like "I hate all these people, but I hate Todd and Amanda the least, and I think they mistake that for friendship." I thought she was toast after the rope cutting challenge so it was surprising to see her get as far as she did.

Jean-Robert is hilarious because his ego is massive ahahaha. That FTC answer was simply brilliant by Todd. I know I had heard his FTC performance was one of the greatest of all time but I hadn't known how well he answered questions to each specific jury member ESPECIALLY JR.

Frosti is probably known as one of the more forgettable players but I really liked him, it sucks his tribe was weak from the start =( he was great and his free running video was sweet. Definitely felt bad for him when he was voted off but then again I felt bad for a lot of people who got voted off that season >.> .

James was chill too, IMO he still should have given an idol to Todd. ~_~ it sucks for people like him who are seen as immunity threats even though they win a very very minimal amount of individual immunity challenges, if any. I think I was reading his trivia and it said he had never won an individual immunity or something similar to that.

Todd is definitely one of my favorite players. Did I talk about him yet? I'm on a mobile and can't scroll up (ie: too lazy to scroll up and check). He DOMINATED the season. And he never won an individual immunity challenge either. Although it definitely helped his tribe had numbers at the merge, he was hands down the best player that season, his strategy was impeccable and his FTC performance was top tier, good on him.

I didn't like Denise though because she reminded me of Lill. Or PG/Jaime for being twerps when they threw the challenge -_- . And it really sucks for Aaron that he got screwed by the swap, like Savage. Savage is one of my favorite players of all time. :'( I hated that twist but I liked Pearl Islands too.

^ Yes I typed that on a mobile at 1 am, but no seminars tomorrow so worth :3
Lex

Postby Lex » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:32:08 am

*only recently got into Survivor

I'm not gay by the way if I gave the impression, I'm straight.

When I say I played similar to J.T. I mean I heard people liked him a lot and didn't want to vote him out because of it. While that was something I was aiming for I obv got voted out so it didn't work >.> and all of my conversations with everyone I've talked to (including now) are genuine because my interest in Survivor has picked up and I have nobody to talk to about it, but this game is the perfect excuse icon_shifty I might have said that before but I know I did in my confessionals earlier in the season for lols.
Lex

Postby Gina » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:05:46 pm

Kim P wrote:

Are you a China fan too? It's my favorite season <33333

Who ISN'T a China fan?! That's the season I use to get people into the show.
Gina

Postby Clarence » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:53:48 pm

My fav seasons: HvV, Palau, Cook Islands, Amazon, Micro, China
Clarence

Postby Gina » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:53:07 pm

Clarence wrote:My fav seasons: HvV, Palau, Cook Islands, Amazon, Micro, China

I remember when we talked I always thought Cook Islands looked so out of place in that list...
Gina

Postby Kim J » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:04:40 pm

I liked Cook Islands too. I think it's a preference thing, because I know a lot of people actively dislike the season as well.
Kim J

Postby Kim P » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:57:24 pm

Impromptu Season Ranking <3333 Ps I am not a Cooks Fan.

1.) China
2.) Micronesia
3.) Pearl Islands
4.) Gabon
5.) Amazon
6.) Heroes vs Villains
7.) Vanuatu
8.) Nicaragua
9.) Panama
10.) Marquesas
11.) Philippines
12.) Guatemala
13.) Borneo
14.) Australian Outback
15.) Tocantins
16.) Palau
17.) Africa
18.) One World
19.) Caramoan
20.) Thailand
21.) Samoa
22.) All-Stars
23.) Cook Islands
24.) Fiji
25.) South Pacific
26.) Redemption Island
Kim P

Postby Clarence » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:11:28 pm

Gina wrote:
Clarence wrote:My fav seasons: HvV, Palau, Cook Islands, Amazon, Micro, China

I remember when we talked I always thought Cook Islands looked so out of place in that list...

I think Yul Kwon is one of the better players of all time.
Clarence

Postby Lex » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:55:07 pm

I think Todd played a better game than Yul, even though both their tribes did well Yul's tribe was mostly Ozzy and Todd won despite not winning a single individual immunity challenge. Plus Yul had the (somewhat overpowered) idol ;/
Lex

Postby Lindsey » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:53:37 pm

Gina wrote:
Clarence wrote:Her hatred of Yul Kwon could be her downfall. lol jk maybe not/maybe.

Ugh no please. I promise I'll convnce her yul is great after this game is over

NO. FUCK YUL FOREVER.
Lindsey

Postby Kim P » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:53:35 pm

Lindsey wrote:
Gina wrote:
Clarence wrote:Her hatred of Yul Kwon could be her downfall. lol jk maybe not/maybe.

Ugh no please. I promise I'll convnce her yul is great after this game is over

NO. FUCK YUL FOREVER.

Yul will forever be completely neutral to me. He was an excellent strategist but he basically rode the overly powerful idol to the end.
Kim P

Previous

Return to Ponderosa